Ileogbo Day Celebration: The Leadership of Osuolale And Owolabi
Ileogbo day occasion is not just for fundraising; it is a day of joy that calls for celebration in the real sense of it because we have many reasons for celebrating. It is a day that e all Ileogbo indigene need to raise their hands in praise to the Almighty God because he has done great things for them. To Him alone, continue to be praised in Jesus’ name. On behalf of our Kabiyesi, HRM Oba Abeeb Adetoyese Agbaje, Arowookunjoye II, the Olu of lleogbo Kingdom, the chiefs and all the good people of our noble town and Ileogbo Day Planning Committee, Evangelist Osuolale welcome everyone to another great occasion of ILEOGBO DAY CELEBRATION.
All the community past donors, sons and daughters of the town, home and abroad, friends, neighbours, and well-wishers who have donated generously to the massive development in the land today are all appreciated.
Kindly permit me to single out at this moment, Engr Abel Adeleke, popularly known as TJ, for recognition for his generous, outstanding, and unparalleled contribution to the ongoing trial of development sweeping through our land. Shortly after last year’s Ileogbo Day and his substantial cash donation, he volunteered to reconstruct the 2.3 km stretch of the 3.8 km dilapidated old lleogbo-Iwo road he fulfilled. As we were thinking about how to rally around to find the means to complete the remaining 1.5 km, he magnanimously offered to complete it for us. The asphalt-laid, well-paved, and drained reconstructed road was commissioned by His Excellency, the Governor of the State, Alhaji ‘Gboyega Oyetola. We lack appropriate words to appreciate this illustrious son for his wonderful gesture and extraordinary patriotism. We appreciate your passion for the Ileogbo community. We cannot thank you enough, but we believe that the Lord that rewards will compensate you in multiple folds in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen. We also appreciate and pray for all your team members at Peculiar Ultimate Concern, led by Engr Adejare Adigun, for their dedication and professionalism.
I will like to commend all the prominent team members and all the co-opted members of the ILEOGBO DAY PLANNING COMMITTEE for their commitment, zeal, personal sacrifice ILEOGBO DAY 2019 patriotism and the team spirit demonstrated to put this program together. The attitude has been night and genuine. To you all, I say a big THANK YOU. My address will not be complete without the mention of my associate Chairman (Mobilisation), Dr. Akin Ogunbiyi, for his immeasurable contribution and support to the success of ILEOGBO DAY since 2016, when we were brought on board to steer the stairs of the PLANNING COMMITTEE. He has been a change factor in the successes we have recorded. We appreciate you.
Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, our target this year are to raise a sum of N500 Million to continue the ongoing development process. It is important to note that our fundraising program has shifted mainly from this based on won to project-based donation, which we want to embrace. This approach will fast-track development within the out kingdom as it is already doing.
I still want to repeat my last year’s appeal to all sons and daughters of this great town to inject and sustain a new wave of vibrancy and patriotic spirit into the existing branches of ILEOGBO UNITY FORUM (formerly ILEOGBO UNITED FRONT) in our various locations throughout the world. The weak branches should be revived and kept alive permanently. It will continue to provide, as usual, a veritable umbrella platform to cooperate for the development and progress of our community. We all have to give back to this community. If you remain united, I can assure you that the best is yet to come.
I, as a result of this, repeat my last year’s unique appeal to all Sons and Daughters of this great town, both at home and abroad, to see the development of this ancient town as an ongoing project that requires our collective attention and commitment, with all sense of responsibility, to achieve accelerated progress. Nothing happens by accident. We must all plan consciously for the continuous development of lleogbo by putting the project in our budget every year. We must first carry our load from the heavy point before we beckon on our friends and well-wishers to come and assist us. To think otherwise will not show any seriousness on our part as a people, neither will posterity judge us right.
In this era of e-business and e-payment, distance is not a limitation in contributing to this yearly fundraising program as you can make payments into the Planning Committee account from any part of the world and at any time. I assure you that any kobo donated will be acknowledged and judiciously used. As part of our Team’s transparency and accountability policy, we uploaded last year’s financial records of lleogbo Day onto the website created by IUF-www.ilcogbounityforum.com. You can visit the site to crosscheck.
Lastly, we still look forward to the government at various levels to wake up to their responsibilities, especially on the road network, to encourage economic activities and social development. We particularly appeal to the Local Government to rehabilitate our township roads now that their much-desired autonomy has been restored.
Let me use this medium to thank and appreciate our Kabiyesi, HRM Oba Abeeb Adetoyese AGBAJE, Arowoookunjoye II. Olu of lleogbo Kingdom, lleogbo Royal families(Molebis), all the chiefs, IUF leaders and members in all our branches in Nigeria and the diaspora, and sons and daughters of lleogbo for their support and prayers all the time.
Physical development project in Ileogbo
It is a joy for all indigenes of lleogbo today to witness unprecedented physical development projects that are springing up in lleogbo every day in the recent past. It is not by power nor might but by my spirit, says the Lord of Hosts Zechariah 4:6). To mention but a few of the projects already put in place and commissioned in recent times, we have the following as leading examples:
1. Dr. Akin Ogunbiyi is à pacesetter for individuals donating physical projects to the Ileogbo community. About two decades ago, he dug several boreholes at strategic locations in lleogbo, and he has embarked on a private University in the town. He completed the Oba’s palace, which the IUF started. Engr. Semiu Odeyinka came onboard during lleogbo day 2017 and promised to donate Solar street lights to our major roads in lleogbo. The project was completed and commissioned in November 2018 by our Kabyesi, Olu of lleogbo Kingdom.
3. A multi-million Hospital named Omoyiola Memorial Medical Hospital was built and completed by Dr. (Mrs) Teju Ogunrinde (nee Aderibigbe) and her family. The Hospital was commissioned by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Osun State, on Saturday, April 13th, 2019. The Hospital provides free medical services to our people.
4. During the 2018 lleogbo Day celebration, an illustrious son of lleogbo, in the person of Engr. Abel Olanrewaju Adeleke promised to reconstruct and give total rehabilitation to a 4km old lleogbo-Iwo road. He reconstructed and completed the road with an excellent standard stone-based asphalt, which the State Governor has commissioned this week of lleogbo Day 2019 laid celebration. lleogbo Unity Forum (IUF), an umbrella body for all sons and daughters of lleogbo, in the recent past, has judiciously used the proceeds of lleogbo Day celebrations to put in place many physical projects and programs such as;
5. Construction of motor parks and drummers’ shed at the palace Landscaping of a large parcel of land for developmental projects.
6. Renovation of lleogbo city Hall.
7. Construction of modern palace for Olu of Ileogbo Rehabilitation of roads Installation of Electrical transformers
8. Yearly Free Medical outreach for our people.
9. Yearly computer-based test training for JAMB candidates in Cibo Award of bursary to students of Secondary and Tertiary institutions in lleogbo
10. Concrete fencing of IUF landed property ongoing) 11 A Standard Guests’ house which is at roofing level now
12. Atokejaye market at Amuludun junction lleogbo
13. And many others, but to mention a few Ladies and gentlemen.
I want to assure you that any money that is dismayed in Ileogbo day celebration will be used to put in place physical projects and programs that will be of lasting benefits to our people in lleogbo Already the IUF is focusing on using this year’s lleogbo Day 2019 donations for the following projects
1. A Vocational Training Centre It is with great joy that I am informing this gathering that one of our
daughters/sisters in the person of Prof. (Mrs) Yomisi Oblate (immediate past Vice-chancellor of the Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu Ode) has facilitated a vocational Training centre anchored by Tai Solarin University of Education. The feasibility study report of the programme has been submitted to IUF for execution. The programme is expected to commence in the year 2020. IUF and IDF had set up a committee to look into the possibility of commencing the programme soon after all necessary infrastructures have been put in place
2. Atokejoye Market.
The Atokejoye market at Amuludun junction, Ileogbo, was reopened for business activities on June 13th, 2019, by our Kabiyes, all the chiefs, Royal families, IUF leaders, and traders from lleogbo and adjacent towns. It is our target to build this market to an international status with the support of local and state Governments
3. Ileogbo Recreation Centre
lleogbo Recreation Centre which already has Ileogbo City Hall and a Standard Guesthouse is planned to accommodate the following an enormous and modem event Centre (0) E-Library for students , Children Adult Games VA (indoor and outdoor game) Computer internet services busting Road rehabilitations and other yearly programmes for both young and old Therefore, we are soliciting for your support to donate generously towards the execution of the above enumerated projects and programmes with a promise to use the money judiciously and proper accountability Finally let met thank, Heogbo Day planning committee members and National Executive members for the job well done in putting Ilegbo Day 2018 company in fantastic shape Also, I thank all and sundry and especially our in anden for your contributions towards the success of this year 2019eogpo Dar collection wish you all journey mercies back to your various destinations in Jesus name Amen. Thanks, and God bless.